Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The beginning

A Child Called "It", by Dave Pelzer was published in 1993. The book is interesting if you take pleasure in depressing novellas that go into detail on abused kids. Having said this, I thoroughly enjoy the short book thus far. In the first fifty pages it is hard to tell what the main character, David, has learned seeing how it is just introducing his childhood. David seems to not comprehend why his life turned upside down, just the fact that it did. The first chapter the conflict is getting away from his mother's abuse, but in the end he is free from his mom. The second chapter on the other hand is just an introduction. So it is confusing on why is life is so bad this far into the book.

http://www.davepelzer.com/ - This website explains the author's life and gives you a better understanding of his writing and why he writes.

6 comments:

  1. That does sound like a contradicion of sorts, but also pretty interesting. Can't wait to hear how his life ends up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Child Called "It" is my favorite book :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya im not that into depressing novels so I probably won't read your book, I hope its good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds interesting. I want to find out how his life ends up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read this one and all of Dave Pelzer other books. But this one is very sad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, some other books that people who read this one seem to like are "Go Ask Alice" and "Long Way Home" and some other ones that I will think of as soon as I post this. The Children of the Attic series by VC Andrews is fiction, but fits in the same sort of group, I am told. I am too wimpy to read this stuff, but my sister likes it, so she keeps me posted...

    ReplyDelete